Wednesday 13 April 2016

Hair Chart 1

When it came to designing my hair chart I had to make sure that it fit in with the era that the book was set in. Dracula was written so that it was set in late Victorian times meaning that the hair was a lot looser around the face and that more of it was up rather than down. I decided to take inspiration from the film rather than the book as I was able to get a better representation of what Lucy should look like. 



Now you are going to have to excuse the horrific drawings, unfortunately I'm not the best artist! The look that I was trying to convey was to have the back of the hair up and completely curled. I would then pin certain curls in a few places near the top of the head. I would use rollers to create the front parts of the fringe and also pin those back. In the film Dracula, Lucy often had her hair down and in both the book and the film she was seen to have had curls so I thought it would be good to include this in my design. 

No comments:

Post a Comment