Wednesday 13 April 2016

Face Chart 1

So I started to think about ideas for what I could do for my character. Lucy Westenra was a high class female in society, however in unfortunate events Lucy was turned into a vampire!! I wanted to try and keep to the idealisations thought about vampires, so things like pale skin, smooth skin, pointy teeth and just overall looking flawless. However I also wanted to try and keep to close to the book, so Lucy unfortunately had her head cut off to make sure that she was officially dead in the vampire terms. So I tried to base my character around the dead version of Lucy. 

This is the basis of my first look. I wanted to include the slit throat as it links to Lucy's character but I also want to try at having a go at something slightly different. I think I am either going to use Gelatine or Sculpting Wax to create the cut and then add on the colour. I wanted to create slightly sunken in cheeks and eyes to create an effect that made her look as though she was dead. After bravely scouring through images of dead people and make up styles I came up with an in between version so that it wasn't over the top but it still had an effect. Apart from the throat, I wanted to keep my design simple so as I only have a short amount of time to get both the hair and the make up done and I don't want to be rushing.

No comments:

Post a Comment