Thursday 18 February 2016

Throwing punches!

Not only were we creating fevers we were also causing a few black eyes. This was a quick last minute thing but when it comes to creating your bruise you need to think about how old it is. The fresh bruises are slightly more blue and purple where the old bruises are a green/ yellow colour. The bruise that I created in the continuity lesson was just hope for the best kind of thing as I wasn't really sure what I was doing. It came out as though it was slightly more in middle stage as it had that yellowing tone.

  1. The first thing that you want to do is is place a bit of moisturiser on the back of your hand along with the colour you want to start off with. 
  2. Gently pull up the eye so that there are no creases when you are adding the colour. For the colouring you can use supracolour or a bruise wheel.
  3. To add the colour you can either use a baby bud or your finger. Make sure all the colours are blended and try to create a sort of mottled look. If you are planning on using a brush don't swipe the colour on, dab it.
  4. Lastly add a small amount of vaseline to help create that 'shiner' look.

Like the rash the feedback that I got was to add more colour. I've found that I am incredibly wary that it looks too theatrical and I end up using less than I should. I need to start building up colour and to stop worrying as much.

No comments:

Post a Comment