Thursday 18 February 2016

Hair practice

Today in Helens lesson we were able to start practising what we are planning on doing for our final design. I didn't have a proper idea for what I wanted to do but I new I wanted some form of curls involved. I started of by putting the front parts of the hair in rollers like I did last week. I then tied the top half of the hair into a ponytail and started curling. Once fully curled I started pinning pieces of hair in random places on top of the head. It was at this point that Helen came over to give a little bit of feedback and advice. She told me that curling the hair means that it is going to be rather hard to keep up continuity as they can be different every time. She also said that it takes a lot of time curling and to maybe try plaiting the bottom part of the hair and twisting it up into the top section to help minimize time. I thought that this would be a really good idea however I also wanted to see how well curling the whole hair would be. I was able to curl most of the hair quite quickly however I would still need to be a little quicker than I was. The overall look turned out a lot better than I expected however I think trying to replicate this particular style will end up being really hard as I wasn't really looking where I was pinning. If I was going to do this style I would have to count how many curls I did so I could do the same amount next time. I would also have to photograph where I pinned each piece so I could do it the next time.



No comments:

Post a Comment